Friday, June 13, 2014

WELCOME HOME

Hi All,

Today I experienced what I or any singer or songwriter dreams of and aspires to but seldom achieves.

That is to be moved to tears, tears... by a singer and his or her song. The singer, Steve Perry, and the song penned by The Eels, "It's a Mother Fucker". 

I am / was apprehensive of writing and expressing myself because there will be those who will perceive this to be either a kissing of the "tuckus" or… a show of disrespect to the gentleman who so successfully and beautifully followed us both, Arnel. They are neither, but a tribute to, and an acknowledgement of, an achievement that so many thought no longer obtainable.

This should be a lesson and an inspiration to us all. It certainly is to me.

Welcome home Mr. Perry.

Steve Augeri

2 comments:

  1. Steve Perry will always be the voice.I grew up as a fanatic for journey and I was all the way up until the time you were replaced.Arnel is great.but I listen to your music every single day and nobody has ever moved me like you or Steve Perry so thank you for your gift

    ReplyDelete
  2. STEVE,
    YOUR REPLACEMENT IN THE JOURNEY BAND SUCKS!!!!! AM AT A JOURNEY CONCERT IN PELHAM (BIRMINGHAM), ALABAMA, AND HE IS TERRIBLE. THEY NEED EITHER YOU OR STEVE PERRY BACK!!!!!
    INEZ POULOS
    2073 LAKE PARADISE RD.
    VILLA RICA, GA. 30180

    ReplyDelete