Saturday, September 11, 2010

The Maiden Voyage

Hi All,

It's the morning after and all I can say is thanks to the folks who traveled from near and far to our just shy of sold out show in Kentucky at the Syndicate last night. It was our maiden voyage but you guys made it feel like we were old friends or at a family reunion. Well, it was actually and we had a blast.

Of course it wasn't without incident. Rental amps that would not cooperate. A monitor system that didn't get sorted out until half way thru the show (Thank God it finally did!). But, that's what it's all about. That's all part of Rock n Roll as well as life. Expect the unexpected. Wish you all could have been there.

I want to say a special thanks and what a great job my new band did. I'm proud to introduce them to you:

On guitar/ Adam Holland
Bass / Gerard Zappa
Keys / Craig Pullman
Drums / Mike Morales

We especially enjoyed playing some new songs and think we have a winner if your reaction was any indication, with a track called "Riverside". We're hoping to wrap up the recording of that one this week and perhaps release it as a first single ASAP. It currently has my good friend Nick Lynch on background vocals but won't be complete until I get Marge Raymond to add her special "thang" to the mix. She's a monster. She's sang with everbody.

So in closing, we're back "Home Again" and thinking of our next outing. Who knows? Maybe it'll be in your home town next. I hope so!

`Til we meet again,

Steve Augeri

P.S. Thanks to promoter Rick Warner, Cincinatti radio's Trish McKinnley and Steve Mann for having me on the air and getting the word out, our great local crew as well as the awesome staff at the Newport Syndicate. What a cool venue. See ya!


11 comments:

  1. Yes Please, our home town Steve - a certain engineer is checking the line array & warming his mixer fingers in anticipation. ;-)
    Cathy & Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cathy,

    Mikes ears must have been ringing because he's exactly the man I was talking about to the band this weekend about exactly that. Wouldn't that be fun.
    Scott Barnhorst brought one of your fabulous sketches for me to sign at the meet and greeet and the guys were in awe of your talent. Were YOUR ears ringing?

    Lots of love,
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. Riverside is an awesome song. I loved it. It hangs with you long after, I have had it going through my head all day. And with Nick Lynch on back up....WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so happy that my good friend Scott Barnhorst won one of two sketches from another good friend Cathy at the Journey To Cure Summer Ball. As far as town go Steve any place south of Boston would be great. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My hubby and I attended your show at the Newport Syndicate and I must say we were blown away. Your voice was phenomenal, the band was incredible, and your performance was so contagiously energetic, we walked out of there pumped up and wanting more. I wish you great success with your new album and hope you'll come back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I attended your show at the Newport Syndicate as well. I must say that you and your band certainly did your job . . . that is, your fans wanting to hear more of your music! Riverside is a great song and I can't wait till it's released :) Everyone was having a great time I truly enjoyed the concert and the meet and greet afterwards. Good luck and be safe on your upcoming shows.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi steve
    wish i could have been therr fri for your first show
    hoping to see you in this area at some point
    love the new song home again
    glad you got home safe
    we love and miss you
    looking forward to your new cd

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have been fans since Tall Stories days. You were so kind to meet each fan individually. You are so gracious to take the time to have a conversation with each of us. Your performance was great and the band was solid. Next time you are in the area, bring back the telecaster. haha. We enjoyed the setlist, especially your new material. You left us wanting to hear much more. Thanks for being you.
    Bobby and Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Steve-so glad you are on stage again, where you belong! Looking forward to the new CD, and the Lake Tahoe show 10/23. Please post when tickets will be on sale!
    Christine and Charles

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alex and I hope to catch your show in Lake Tahoe. Keep us posted on details.
    Contact my friend, Debbie Mazella(i think she's w/ WJLK in New Jersey) RE:Airplay. She's met you, and she too thinks that you're awsome.
    Hugs,
    Marcela Selvaggio

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Steve!! Been checking out the posts of your show on YouTube!! And although they are MUCH appreciated, the quality leaves a little to be desired! But, at least I can "see" your latest show!! Here's hopin' you'll be in my area soon!! See ya!!

    ReplyDelete