Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Aaron Dilks

It is with a heavy heart that we say goodbye to the one and only Aaron Dilks.
I came to know Aaron as Journey’s Tour manager for a number of years. His appearance told only part of the story, the part that if the situation would arise, it would have been dealt with … and swiftly. The other side of this man was that of a funny, warm, caring “Teddy Bear” that was absolutely over the moon about his daughter and the profession in which he loved to work. And if you really knew Aaron there was his adoration for his dog:-)

As fate would have it, I had just reconnected with Aaron but a mere two weeks ago and was so looking forward to hearing that Baltimore accent again and see him smile that wry smile that only Aaron could smile. I’ll miss the way he made me feel like his little brother rather than the other way around. Coincidentally I heard of his passing on the runway flying out of O’Hara in Chicago, the city where he not only put us up in the chicest boutique hotel but also turned us on to the finest sushi in town. Coolmotherfucker:-)…, always.

Good-bye Double AA.
Good-bye my friend.

My most sincerest condolences to the Dilks family.


P.S. Your Broad Street Bullies are still a bunch of pussies!


Steve Augeri

1 comment:

  1. Hi, it's brianna, Aaron's daughter,
    I just wanted to say thank you for the kind words towards my father and the Dilks family, I will talk to you soon hopefully :)
    ~brianna <3

    ReplyDelete