Friday, June 4, 2010

Back In the Saddle Again

Greetings Rock Fans,

Congratulations to Aerosmith for coming to their senses. They're indeed Back in the saddle again, where they belong.

My admiration for this Mighty Massachusettes Mayhem Machine began around the same time for most rockers my age. Albums like Toys In the Attic, Rocks... masterpieces. The seventies did not suck as much as the Rolling Stones would have liked us to believe. They were a fertile time for music. Everything from the heaviest, hardest of rock to the fusion/art rock was top shelf and got 5 star reviews from me. Yes, I even welcomed the Punk, New Wave and Pop music of that decade. Oh, not excluding some Disco as well. ( I did grow up in the heart of Saturday Night Fever Land, literally. There was no escaping it. Another time for that)

And now, after threatening a break-up or worst, the replacement of an impossible to replace Steve Tyler, our "last children" are at last regrouped and heading out again on the "Cock-Blocked and Ready to Rock" or something of that nature Tour. I for one am glad they are. For the record, if there were ever a voice that could step in if only temporarily for Steven, it would belong to Paulie Z of the band Z02. He's got the chops to do Mr. T some justice, that being said... no one can compare to Steven Tyler's frontman abilities. He's a, if not THE master and co-wrote the book on the subject. Enuff on that matter. But, check out Z02s music and tell me if I'm not right or completely insane.

As a struggling musician (Is there any other kind?) I once had the honor of sitting across from Steven Tyler in at the time, both of our managers office. His name was David Krebbs ( of Leber and Krebbs) and David was good enough to sit in on a meeting of mine and helped critic some demos I was presenting to David. I'll never forget how he took the time to listen and break down some of the songs and added his constructive criticism. Of which I went back to my band, at the time we were called The Great Divide, and used most of his arrangement ideas. Wow, Steven Tyler took the time to help a little nobody like me. I was floored and smitten.

So you see, I cheer for the return of "The Smith". His little gesture went a long way with this punk kid from Brooklyn who was trying to make his way in the Rock and Roll world that is all to filled with "Go away kid, don't bother me's" or "I'm too busy' maybe next times'.

All Hail Beantown and their most glorious contribution to this art form we call Rock and Roll. We salute you! Fire!

'Til we meet again,

Steve

P.S. Three cheers for my web designer, Alex Rabe, "The Green Monstah", for an awesome job on my new site. Boston's on a roll... don't tell the Red Sox.

2 comments:

  1. alex has done an awesome job on the site
    Thanks and congratulations to you both looking forward to hearing the new music
    one of these days i have to see aerosmtih

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Steve, they are back. I can not wait to see them August 31 here in Detroit. They are America's greatest rock band. I have lost count on how many times I have seen this band. Great rock show.

    Also looking forward to seeing you on Tour Steve, do not forget to visit Detroit!!

    ReplyDelete